Quick thought for the day:

Just wanted to share this before I forget it.

There are two scenarios I will propose, tell which of the two is more impressive and indicative of true inspiration:

1.  I write a sequel to The Lord of the Rings.  I have already read the original version of The Lord of the Rings.

2.  I write a sequel to The Lord of the Rings.  I know nothing at all about the original version of The Lord of the Rings.


It's a really tough question, I know. 

I'm going to go ahead and assume that everybody picked option 2, because I like to think that nobody reading this blog is completely insane.  Not yet.

So, in light of that choice you made, consider this:  How is the new testament impressive at all, given that everyone who wrote any part of it was well versed in the writings of the old testament?

Clearly, it's quite simple to write new literature once you know the subject matter.  Humans do it all the time.  Therefore, why should any part of the NT be impressive at all?

Comments

Popular Posts