A succinct summation of my departure from religion.

1. I came to realize exactly where my particular branch of christianity originated from, apostolic pentecostal to be exact. It became quite obvious it was man made, man inspired. Some of their doctrines have no solid scriptural foundation whatsoever. In addition, local church leadership had created many of their own rules and guidelines which were based entirely on their ideas. There was no oversight on financial decisions. The local church had become a cult, for all intents and purposes. 2. From that point I expanded my investigation into the foundation for the christian faith, in an effort to identify where exactly was the earliest point I could prove religion to be true at all. I discovered that the story of noah's flood is comically impossible. The same for the 6-day creation story and an earth less than 10K years old. Months of study and research went into this effort, check other posts for details. 3. Furthermore, I widened my perspective and looked for any positive evidence for a supernatural realm that could influence our physical realm. The only evidence that is available is anecdotal, emotional appeals from personal experience, which is exactly what you would find if the supernatural only exists in a person's brain chemistry. Exactly zero stories about the supernatural can be substantiated. Therefore, in order to accept the existence of any gods, the supernatural first must be demonstrated, in an objective fashion that can be verified and tested, then work upwards from that point. This has yet to happen, and likely never will.

Comments

Popular Posts