Churches are dying, and that's a good thing.


This article is excellent:

Reason to rejoice.

I've posted this on other social media, but I'll put it here as well, I think it's a good summary of my current mindset:

"A few of you share a common thread, an unwillingness to ever once admit that maybe, just maybe you might be wrong.

I was willing to take that chance and say that I was wrong for 30 years of my life, that I wasted all of my youth chasing fables.

Was that the easy choice? Not at all. Shunned by over 150 people. Relations with family is chilled. Learning a new way of life from the ground up at 35.

That is the price of truth without compromise. The cost of searching for answers without bias. The road leads to places unknown, and yet it must be followed.

I am comforted, though. For each person that calls me apostate and the worst of sinners, there are 10 that embrace me and thank me for being courageous enough to disavow the cult I was raised in.

For each person that calls me misguided and lost, there are 10 that applaud my mentality to seek evidence first. I sleep well each night, comforted by the knowledge that no angels or demons lurk in the shadows.

Some say life is pointless without an afterlife. I say life is much more precious now, knowing this is the only chance we get. I savor each moment, because it will never come again.

Religion didn't put man on the moon, it didn't discover cures for disease, nor unravel the mysteries of the atom. Humanity is chained by belief, the very least I can do is raise the hammer and chisel and start swinging." -Isaac Coverstone

Churches are dying, and I'll do everything in my power to throw dirt on the casket.

Comments

Popular Posts