Response to common question in TikTok and YouTube comments

 A statement that often gets made in the comments on my videos is something along the lines of:  "XYZ denomination doesn't have these problems" or "MY church never did anything like that, you were misled by bad people" or "Religion failed you, but god still loves you"

So, I want to make a point that covers most or all of these types of comments.  First off, I really don't have a problem with someone wanting to believe in a form of nominal protestant Xianity.  It doesn't especially affect me one way or the other.  I'm not going to make videos or detailed rebuttals on the blog or podcast towards every religious faction and sub-faction while also working a regular job, who has that kind of time?

My focus is on dealing with the problems caused by the particular strain of protestant Xianity that I grew up in, because I know it very well and also because I know the damage it causes.  It's a very narrow focus, and because of that, the content that I produce will always be catering to a very small audience.  It simply won't apply or won't be interesting for 95% of people that happen to find it.

Naked Pentecostalism is not a popularity contest, I am not trying to shotgun every social issue and religious sect, it's a sniper rifle directed at one splinter faction of one splinter faction of one religious sect and that's where it will stay.  Peace out.

Comments

Popular Posts